Arizona State Radiology-River Road Location
Welcome to our ASR @ River Rd. location at the Offices of Hacienda del Sol in Tucson, Arizona. We have installed the most technologically advanced and clinically capable MRI system in the Tucson marketplace, the GE SIGNA Explorer.
A few of the revolutionary features of this MRI system include:
- Artifact free imaging of implants, revision surgeries, and other hardware. This provides the Radiologist better visualization of tissues surrounding an implanted device, in turn allowing for a more accurate and detailed diagnosis for the referring Orthopedic Surgeon.
- Oncology MRI imaging relies on a specific MRI technique called Diffusion Weighted Imaging (DWI) for accurate cancer evaluation. The ASR @ River Rd. MRI utilizes highly sensitive DWI techniques which are exclusive in the Tucson community.
- Numerous advanced imaging techniques are included with this MRI system which will improve the evaluation of stroke, traumatic brain injury, and specific imaging required by Neurosurgeons.
Not only are the MRI features state of the art from a medical and diagnosis perspective, this MRI also boasts multiple improvements that will transform the patient experience during the MRI examination.
- Reduced noise imaging. Quiet scans have less high frequency noise and lower vibration. The SilentScan technique allows for completely silent brain imaging.
- Improved techniques to evaluate blood vessels and blood flow, decreasing the need for placement of an intravenous catheter (IV) and injection of a dye (contrast agent) in the blood stream.
- The advanced DWI techniques discussed above will reduce the need for invasive biopsies when staging cancer patients.
We are committed to continuing to provide outstanding patient care in various patient care settings, and are excited to bring the latest technology in MRI imaging to the Tucson community.